We are delighted to confirm that a host of leading outdoor brands have joined together to back the British Mountain Marathon Championship by directly supporting the cost of all new perpetual trophies. These trophies will be awarded at the end of the 2018 season. Terra Nova Equipment are sponsoring the new Youth Championship trophies, and MSR, Outdoor Research, Therm-a-rest, Platypus and Expedition Foods are sponsoring the new Course Champion trophies.
The driving force behind the British Mountain Marathon Championship is Shane Ohly from Ourea Events. He said, “Combined with the support of SPORTident and their new automated results system for 2018, the overall British Mountain Marathon Championship rankings will be instantly available as the ROC Mountain Marathon concludes this September. This means that we will be able to present these awesome new trophies to the British Champions, Course Champions and Youth Champion winners.”
Shane continued, “Speaking as a regular mountain marathon participant I am extremely grateful that Terra Nova Equipment, MSR, Outdoor Research, Therm-a-rest, Platypus and Expedition Foods have offered to support the Championship, which I am expecting to go from strength to strength in years ahead.”
Senior Championship – Course Trophies
We already present the British Champion trophy to the winning male and female competitors on the Elite course. Now, we will be able to present these fantastic new trophies to the winning male and female runners on each of the courses. We hope that this will stimulate renewed interested and competition within each of the course categories. The trophies are:
- The MSR A Course Champions Trophy
- The Outdoor Research B Course Champions Trophy
- The Therm-a-rest C Course Champions Trophy
- The Platypus Long Score Champions Trophy
- The Expedition Foods Short Score Champions Trophy
We are happy to confirm that we will be pre-engraving these trophies with the 2017 winners… but whose name will be on them this year?
Matt Moore and Lawrence Friell of ProAgencies have regularly been keen competitors on the Mountain Marathon circuit. Lawrence said:
“As representatives in the UK of MSR, Outdoor Research , Therm-a-Rest, Platypus and Expedition Foods we recognise that many of our customers are also competitors, and we were keen to support the future development of the Championship, as well as the Mountain Marathon scene in general.”
One of the main reasons for the launch of the British Mountain Marathon Championship was to provide a pathway for young participants to progress within the sport. We are delighted that Terra Nova Equipment will be sponsoring all the Youth Championship trophies and hope these provide an added incentive for our younger participants. The trophies are:
- The Terra Nova Equipment U21 British Champion Trophy
- The Terra Nova Equipment U20 British Champion Trophy
- The Terra Nova Equipment U19 British Champion Trophy
- The Terra Nova Equipment U18 British Champion Trophy
As with the various senior Course Champions, there will be both a male and female trophy for the winners, and we will also be pre-engraving these trophies with the 2017 winners.
Carolyn Budding, Marketing Director at Terra Nova Equipment said:
“Encouraging youth to enter these challenging but enjoyable events is vitally important for the future success of mountain marathons, so we are pleased to have the opportunity to sponsor the Youth Championship Trophies. We hope this will help raise the profile of the sport with younger outdoor enthusiasts who will continue to participate for many years.”
The LAMM – Next Race in the 2018 British Mountain Marathon Championship
This year the LAMM will be heading to the Isle of Harris, in the Outer Hebrides. It promises to be a spectacular and uncompromising area for a mountain marathon, and with nearly 300 teams already entered, please don’t delay entering.
SPORTident Results Automation – Reminder
SPORTident are providing a new British Mountain Marathon Championship results service that will automatically and instantly create the Championship rankings across all three events, as a participant downloads at the end of a race. This won’t be evident until the LAMM takes place in June when there will be two sets of results to view. The rankings are calculated based on a complex algorithm that has been devised by SportIdent based on the British Mountain Marathon Championship rules.
This fantastic new service will, however, only work if each participant is identified by their unique SiEntries ID. Please note the following:
- Please ensure that both participants (in pairs entries) are registered to use SiEntries. If one participant has not registered, please ask them to do so by visiting www.sientries.co.uk
- When entering into any event that is part of the British Mountain Marathon Championship, the unique SiEntries ID (not the same as their SI-Card number) must be used for each participant.
- With knowing the SiEntries ID, surname and postcode of a participant, it is possible to enter them into one of the events, and have their remaining personal information automatically filled in by the information available by SiEntries.